I decided to layout my brevet cards from 2018 across the living room floor and to have a look at the complete total of what I have achieved in my first full year of audax (as opposed to an audax season).
- 4 x Brevet Popularies @ 100km
- 8 x Brevet de Randonneur @ 200km
- 2 x Brevet de Randonneur @ 300km
- 1 x Brevet de Randonneur @ 400km
- 1 x Brevet de Randonneur @ 600km
- 3 x Extended Calendar events @ 100km
- 3 x DIY mandatory rides
- Finishing with 1 x Permanent Ride, GWRs Chalke and Cheese climb up Cheddar Gorge on the 30th December
It seems I have amassed quite a collection, more than I thought if I am being honestly – I guess they all quickly add up when you enjoy being our there on the roads and the country lanes – time flies by.
I will certainly look to do this again this time next year and see how “productive” I have or haven’t been in 2019!
Finally, I’d like to finish with a selection of heatmaps straight out of Strava, of course these include or manner or rides from cyclosportives, social rides to workout, meandering and a tiny bit of commuting too!