One of my most frequented websites is the Audax UK website itself, but there are myriad of other cycling websites I turn to on a regular basis for advice, route creation and manipulation; and for lots of other fun stuff of course.
Routing Tools and Websites
- Bike Hike – useful for resampling elevation data and reversing routes
- Kamoot – import a GPX file: Road Bikes: find out the surface of any cycle tracks along your route, MTB: explore off-road routes and surfaces
- RideWithGPS – create your own routes with this mature online software. the “go-to” solution for many.
- Strava Route Builder (Beta) – my preferred method forb creating new cycling routes. awkward at times especially editing existing routes. must give RideWithGPS a try!
Forums and Communities
- YACF – the grand daddy of cycling forums
- CyclingUK – another very popular forum
- BikeRadar – ImmediateMedia’s community forum
- RoadCC – a less popular forum, but I still visit it from time to time
- LightWorks – I currently use this for creating my videos. a little primitive at times, but has served me well so far.
- NoCopyrightSounds – a starting point for download copyright-free music; mostly electronic-dance and ambient music
- Handbrake – got a clip recorded at too higher a frame rate? this will fix that for you and more.
- GoPro – I bought mine second-hand, the GoPro Hero 5 Black; an awesome action camera for capturing video on the move.
GPX / GPS Downloads and Tools
- GPS Routes – the most comprehensive site for downloading routes and trails across England, Scotland Wales.
- GPX Merge – merge routes together can be useful when used with the above website
Hills and Climbing
- CyclingUphill – Simon Warren’s Top 100 UK Cycling Climbs. an essential bookmark!
- Top 10 Lincolnshire Climbs – in my neck of the wood this is a top bookmark for reminding yourself that Yes, Lincolnshire does have hills!
- Audax Rate of Climbing – if your interested in creating your own DIYs or ECEs and also want to get some AAA points then you need to read this
- Rolling Resistance – if your interested in a new set of tyres check this page out first
- Wind Forecast – if I am keen to know about the strength and direction of the Wind I refer to the XC Weather website
- Weather Forecast – there is no better website to go to for finding out what the weather is likely to do than NetWeather.tv; completely unbiased weather forecasts
- SportiveHQ – very affordable cyclosportives covering mostly Lincolnshire, but increasingly adjoining counties
- ITP Events – organisers of the (in)famous Lincoln Grand Prix. climb Michaelgate toward the finish line; #28 in Simon Warren’s Top 100 UK Climbs.
Be sure to check out my Round-up video of Lincolnshire Sportives